Spring Will Be Coming!
Even if it doesn’t feel like it now, all that snow out there will be melting soon. We’ve got 20 more inches from this weekend too! Add those lovely April (and probably May) showers, and many homeowners will need to be concerned about basement flooding. It’s time to check out your homeowners’ insurance policy, and your basement sump pump.
Most homeowners don’t know it, but they are probably uninsured – or underinsured – for a flooded basement. Our insurance agent, Aleshia McNamara of McNamaracompany.com is offering an insurance checkup and free quote – email her at aleshiamcnamara@
- Damage from floods is always excluded from all homeowners insurance policies and must be purchased as a separate policy.
- Do you live in a flood zone? Near a river or lake? Do you need a flood policy?
- Damage from a cracked water pipe has limits. Read your policy – it may be limited to $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 – which may not be enough for a water supply line failing in your basement.
- If you have a sump pump, now is the time to check out how it’s working. Is the battery backup still good? If your system fails, your homeowner policy won’t cover your damages. Jake the Plumber can check out your sump system.
- If you don’t have a sump pump, consider installing a system. We can do that for you too.
Give us a call – and check our coupon page for a special spring discount!